ZooLAbrate the Holidays!
L.A. Zoo Lights is a not-to-be-missed nighttime holiday light experience that debuted in 2014 and has grown each year since. This year’s event promises to be even more magical, as we “ZooLAbrate” our Golden Anniversary with more lights, and more nights.
- Take a self-guided 60- to 90-minute tour of a large area of the Zoo featuring animal-themed LEDs, lasers, 3D projections, and animated displays, with Golden Anniversary touches throughout.
- Enjoy dazzling new features for the 2016/2017 season, such as interactive photo ops, a “black light party” within The LAIR reptile house, and a reimagined water show featuring fanciful animations.
- Capture your holiday memories in a photo with Santa Claus in a glittering snow-covered setting on select dates.
- Get a glimpse of real reindeer – including two babies!
- Warm up with hot cocoa and other holiday treats.
- Become part of the show with glowing merchandise available for purchase.
- Take advantage of free parking!
This is a rain-or-shine event. No rain checks will be issued.
As L.A. Zoo Lights is a special event, the only animals on display will be the reindeer at Reindeer Romp Village and critters within The L.A.I.R. The rest of the Zoo’s animals will be off exhibit and snug in their beds.
The L.A. Zoo Lights Story
We’re “ZooLAbrating” our 50th anniversary with the help of fantastical light animals that welcome visitors on a tour of the Zoo that includes giant glowing snowflakes, a disco-ball forest, glittering light tunnels, a spectacular water-and-light show, and much more. Journey with the animals through this magical landscape toward the final destination – a bustling Hollywood party celebrating the Zoo’s Golden Year.
- All sales are final. Tickets are non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
- Each ticket is good for one admission to L.A. Zoo Lights at the Los Angeles Zoo on the date and time selected. No reentry will be allowed.
- A ticket does not guarantee entrance at the exact time listed on your ticket. Event entry time may be modified due to capacity or for safety reasons.
- Event tickets are not valid for daytime admission.
- Event hours are subject to change without notice. Some dates and times, such as our Holiday Happy Hour (for guests 21 years and older) and New Year’s Eve events, require separate admission fees and tickets.
- The Zoo’s special event operating schedule is subject to change without notice. Facilities, exhibits, shows, and services may close temporarily due to weather, maintenance, private events, or other reasons.
- Barcoded e-tickets are a revocable license. Admission is subject to compliance with all laws and facility policies. E-ticket holders assume all incidental risks and dangers while visiting the Los Angeles Zoo.
- E-tickets are delivered via e-mail as a PDF attachment to your order confirmation letter. There are two ways to show your tickets at the door: 1) present your printed ticket at the gate, or 2) show your mobile ticket on your mobile device. (Please allow up to one hour for delivery. Your order confirmation is not your ticket.)
- It is unlawful to reproduce e-tickets in any form. In the event of duplication, the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association and/or the Los Angeles Zoo reserve the right to refuse entry to both the original ticketholder and anyone holding tickets that were duplicated from the original order.
Still have questions about L.A. Zoo Lights?
Visit the L.A. Zoo Lights FAQ page
or contact the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association (GLAZA) via our contact page
For additional assistance, call during regular business hours (7 days a week, 8 a.m. – 8p.m. PST) at (866) 949- 8007. Tickets can be purchased over the phone, additional fees apply. Tickets can also be purchased for future dates at the Membership booth during L.A. Zoo Lights (5:30 p.m. to 9:15 p.m., except November 24, December 24, and December 25). Cash and credit cards are accepted at the Box Office/ Membership booth.